02/10/2014

Painting 'Battles of Westeros' boardgame: Characters

Here we have the final stage of the painting project, the mighty leaders of both Houses, those who will command their hosts towards the Iron Throne. Or to death. Or both, this is a song of ice and fire, you can never be sure of what's gonna happen next. As I started with the Starks, let's keep it tight:
 
Lord Eddard Stark. Won't say any spoiler

Robb Stark and his loyal Grey Wind

Lord Rickard Karstark of Karhold. The 'K' guy

Lady Maege Mormont of Bear Island, the She-Bear. Don't mess with her

Greatjon Umber. Out of scale, looks like a Dwarf Lord
 
And who will lead the Lannisters?
 
Lord Tywin Lannister. Alleged goldshitter

Ser Jaime Lannister, the only Lannister not dressed in red

Ser Kevan Lannister (I love this mini, the pose is great)

Ser Addam Marbrand of Ashemark. Don't ring a bell? C'mon, read the books...

Ser Gregor Clegane, the Mountain. Knowing what was gonna happen in the TV show, the sculptor decided to hide his face
 
OK, we have a lot of characters now, don't we? But how would they look like on the battlefield, marching towards the enemy? I know you wanted, please if I may...
 
House Stark of Winterfell

 
House Lannister of Casterly Rock

Wow, this finally puts an end to this crazy project. I believe it is worth of the effort though. Playing these painted armies is much more satisfactory (anyway, I don't think I will be buying the other Houses expansion packs anytime soon!). Of course if you want to see how these guys perform, I guess that maybe next monday could be a good moment to check... ;)

Nice weekend, enjoy! I will for sure be fiddling with my new tiny armies!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Any chance you begin to paint your armies then? :D

      Delete
  2. I'm in the middle of Tome 4 right now so seeing those in models is super cool !

    There are so many characters that are so good, Do you have Oberyn planned ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had a good look at all the expansions, but I'll divert myself to other projects for a time before I come back to hundreds of tiny minis all the same! :D
      Oh, I believe you're gonna enjoy what you still have to read... ;)

      Delete
  3. Geniales esos personajes! Y mira que pintar este tipo de figuras es chungo...

    Ya nos contarás qué tal el juego, siempre he tenido curiosidad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchas gracias! Nada, habrá informe a la vuelta del fin de semana ;)

      Delete
  4. My favourite is Ser Gregor but all are nice too. As for stark something is glued on that shouldn't be ... wink wink. ^_^

    ReplyDelete